Maharashtra has NINE minority concentrated districts namely Akola, Amravati, Aurangabad,
Buldhana, Hingoli, Mumbai, Mumbai (Sub.), Parbhani and Washim. The city of Mumbai
has Muslim concentration above 20% population.
For providing better educational facilities to the minority children, the state
has taken up various activities as mentioned below:
- Providing scholarships for exam fees for MSS and HSS examinations
- Supply of Schools bags to girls in Govt. Urdu medium Schools
- Imparting Vocational Training (Electronic repairing/ candle making/ cooking/ computer
repairing) at BRC/ URC level
- Arrangement of Educational Tour for selected 60 pupils per district
- Organizing Ma – Beti Melava at each Urdu medium upper primary school for sensitization
of girls as well as their mothers. Various issues related to education, hygiene,
health and nutrition, and marriage are discussed in such gatherings.