MSCERT is the apex institute of the State to provide academic support and to improve
quality of primary education. MSCERT carries the responsibility of curriculum framing,
development of syllabus and text books, teacher education, research & evaluation
for the improvement of quality of education at the school level.
MSCERT has designed different teacher training modules for improving the overall
quality of education as described below:
- In service teacher training formulated as per the provision of RTE Act, State Rules,
NCF 2005, SCF 2010 and guidelines issued by MHRD.
- Teacher training on Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) to develop the standard
wise and subject wise evaluation tool kit and to arrange training for the teachers
for the use of evaluation tool kit.
- Special training on age appropriate classroom pedagogy for smoother enrolment of
out of school children in the school at the right standard
- Training of teachers on RTE act and its associated rules
- English language training program for the teachers
- Teacher training of untrained teachers
In addition to the above trainings, the State also focuses on the following activities
at the institute level:
- Action research projects to be undertaken by DIETs to study the effectiveness of
in-service teacher training programmes executed in DIETs and also to understand
the difficulties encountered by teachers while teaching with the innovative pedagogical
- Activity Based Learning Programme For the learning Enhancement to enhance ‘learning
by doing’ approach in schools and thereby help pupils learn with provided, qualitative
learning materials such as self learning cards, learning ladder, maths & science
kits. It also helps in developing appropriate skill & speed among the children and
promoting activity based teaching learning culture in schools.
- Capacity building for BRC personnel / Subject experts
- Development of Modular training programs
- Developing a resource centre in MSCERT with all facilities for the conference, seminars
and teacher trainings.
- Creation of English, Science, and Maths Laboratory at the State level in the MSCERT
- Providing ICT framework for 407 schools so that students get an opportunity to learn
through AV aids and building Virtual Private Network Centres (V.P.N) for Kasturba
Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya (KGBV)